MWAS Objectives are to:
- promote, develop educate and service sporting talent – athletes, coaches, officials and administrators throughout the Mid West;
- provide an exceptional home training environment for talented athletes that reside in the Mid West region;
- assist athletes that reside in the Mid West region to progress from a sub-elite, to an elite sports performance level;
- provide services, support and education to athletes and to coaches that reside in areas outside of the Mid West region, only if specific funding through fees for service, grants or sponsorship are provided for such. The funding must meet or exceed all expenses incurred by the Academy;
- service and promote sponsors and supporters of the Academy; and
- demonstrate a commitment to excellence, integrity, professionalism, best practice, safety, equal opportunity, child protection, efficiency, impact and the building of capacity in the Mid West.
Members of MWAS are the key advocates of the organisation and have the opportunity to attend events and functions and also to be elected to the Board of Management.
To apply for membership, please DOWNLOAD a membership nomination form and return it to the MWAS office. Please be aware that not all applications for membership will be accepted. It is vital that members are keen to become active advocates of MWAS and that they plan to act in the best interest of athletes from ALL sports.
For more information about MWAS governance, DOWNLOAD the MWAS Rules of Association.