Mid West Academy of Sport (MWAS) sees great value in linking MWAS athletes with current or past senior elite athletes. There is a growing number of elite athletes that are originally Mid West locals, who would benefit from having access to training facilities and services when they are visiting the Mid West. Additionally, the program can build an alumni of past MWAS athletes.
Athletes wishing to be a MWAS Ambassador must meet the following criteria:
- Consistently display values that make them a great role model for MWAS athletes. Examples of values include:
- Integrity – Compliance with anti-doping rules and rules of their sport
- Health – Lives a healthy lifestyle, does not smoke and does not drink excessively or use recreational drugs
- Commitment – Aims to perform to their potential in sport and life
- Keen to promote MWAS. E.g. provide a testimonial, attend a MWAS function or event if their time schedule allows
- Keen to train at the MWAS gym occasionally during times when MWAS athletes train
- An advocate for sport development in the Mid West region
- A current or past elite athlete or a previous MWAS athlete
Benefits to the ambassador
- Train at Central West Health and Rehab at no fee
- Opportunity to be a positive role model for Mid West athletes
- Opportunity to attend MWAS events and functions
- Opportunity to join group MWAS training sessions
- Opportunity to be a mentor for a MWAS athlete
- Receive a MWAS shirt
- Giving back can make you more attractive to sponsors
- Have a profile on the MWAS website that promotes you
How to become involved
Simply email or call the MWAS CEO to express your interest.
firstname.lastname@example.org 0487 846 283
To be announced soon… Watch this space!